The Emergency Preparedness and Planning Department’s goal is to assist the Jackson County Health Department in protecting the health and safety of the residents should a natural or deliberate public health emergency affect the community.
A public health emergency is any threat to public health and safety, like an infectious disease epidemic, earthquake, flood, or any event that has the potential for significant health impact to the community, such as a bioterrorism event. An influenza pandemic (worldwide) would also be considered a public health emergency.
- Conduct disease surveillance to identify natural and man-made outbreaks
- Development of Public Health Emergency Response Plan
- Development of Pandemic Influenza Emergency Response Plan
- Assess public health emergency training needs
- Promote public emergency and disaster education