Between shopping for school supplies and enrolling in fall activities, the back-to-school season can be a hectic time for many families.
As parents set their students up for success academically and socially, it’s important they take steps to protect their health, too. Getting children vaccinated on the recommended schedule is the best way to keep them healthy and safe. Additionally, Missouri law requires students to be up-to-date on immunizations before the start of the school year.
From now until Sept. 9, we’re providing back-to-school immunizations at our Independence clinic (313 S Liberty St).
Please see the chart below for information on immunization requirements for students entering Kindergarten, 8th and 12th grades. Students who are going into other grades but are behind on their immunizations will need to meet these requirements as well.
Not sure if your child is up-to-date? Click here for a list of required school immunizations.
Preparing for Your Visit
- Appointments are required. Walk-ins will not be taken. Our clinic gets busier as school approaches, so make your appointment early to beat the rush.
- Bring your child’s immunization record to the appointment + show up no more than 15 minutes early.
- Students may only be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- All clients and children over five years old are required to wear a mask.
- Click here for a list of required school vaccinations.
- We accept most insurance plans. If we don’t accept your plan, contact your insurance provider to verify your out-of-network benefits. If you don’t have insurance, there will be a flat $15 administration fee.
- If you have questions, please contact our nurses at (816) 404-6415.
- Find more information about back-to-school immunizations here.
Vaccines for Children Program
If you do not have insurance, or if your insurance doesn’t cover vaccines, your child may be eligible for the Vaccines for Children program. The program provides vaccines free of charge, except for a flat $15 administration fee per child for the visit.
- July 2022 (3)
- June 2022 (2)
- May 2022 (1)
- April 2022 (4)
- March 2022 (2)
- February 2022 (1)
- January 2022 (2)
- December 2021 (4)
- November 2021 (4)
- October 2021 (1)
- September 2021 (2)
- August 2021 (3)
- July 2021 (2)
- June 2021 (1)
- May 2021 (2)
- March 2021 (1)
- December 2020 (6)
- November 2020 (9)
- October 2020 (4)
- September 2020 (7)
- August 2020 (3)
- July 2020 (11)
- May 2020 (4)
- April 2020 (4)
- March 2020 (1)